Darkguard mauler ability

When I was level 15 I fought the level 15 darkguard mauler. I hit it, and the effect meant I lost 800 life. As a level 15 that was obviously me dead. That happened a lot. These darkguard maulers are part of the dragon quest and I died about 10 times doing it due to the overkill of the buff. Any chance it could be reduced? I know a higher level friend has had the same issue with the higher level ones. They get impossible to kill.

Not sure if this is a bug or just a badly-made ability. But making them impossible to kill on a quest we all have to do seems a little mean ">
Comments
Was it a critical hit, and how much does mauler usually hit's you?
You can have a look at new abilities monsters got very recently here: http://dragoneternity.com/about/news_innovations/9962.html#cP=1
Ihit, level 15 mobs only hit for about 150 on a normal hit, about 250-300 for a critical, but the lightning rod buff does about 400 on a normal hit and about 800 on a critical. And if they get 2 buffs stacked they can just instantly kill you no matter what
I too have died many times while trying to complete protector quests which now take even longer because if we summon dragons they are most likely to die and food is fairly expensive for them
At level 47, fighting 48 Darkguard inquisitors for PQ just now...

Normal "white number" physical hit from darkguard... 300-400 range
Critical "red number" physical hit from darkguard... 750-900 range
Normal "white number" lightning bolt hit from darkguard... 965-1050 range
Critical "red number" lightning bolt from darkguard... fortunately none today, but have seen 1800+ before and suspect it could easily go over 2000.

Those are from a single stack of the buff - it can stack twice, so double those numbers for actual damage possible. As said above, it is possible for an instant kill on round 2 of combat even when using flawless pots.

Something a bit wrong with this buff (and the description that it does 90% of normal damage).
As listed above, those are the regular numbers approximately. With the abilities they hit for 4 times that, and it can stack so double all of that o.O
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.