Disgusting Hackers

It appears very likely that Alliesin was hacked and is not a thief, but a victim.

This leads to the problem of Only Admin can protect us. There is absolutely No Way I (or any other clan leader) can predict who's accounts will be hacked.

I beg admin/programmers to come up with a solution. If you can pay 20Reals to have something returned to you after being sold to game, that means it can be done. Perhaps the smaller items are not worth it, but why couldn't you just give 10k death essences (for example) to my clan chest for free? This hacker took 81,394 items from Ancient Specters clan chest. That adds up to a lot of work for us to get all those items collected and built again. Plus, as much as I appreciate the collection pieces and gear you could recover, we have now "stolen" that from Alliesin, leaving it so she cannot continue playing.

To Alliesin - I can't even imagine how violated you feel, I can imagine your frustration. I feel that all we can do is appeal to admin, over and over again, to make changes for the better. There Must be a way to prevent this in the future. Good Luck!
Comments
Password protection for chests/safes?
BoomShizzle,
Good suggestion. A pin number that each person uses for access, would be great. Definitely something I hope gets looked into.
Storm KatDisgusting Hackers
This leads to the problem of Only Admin can protect us. There is absolutely No Way I (or any other clan leader) can predict who's accounts will be hacked.

Protect yourself by not sharing your details and/or using save password on public computers that others can access. It's pretty much always players fault when someone gets "hacked" as nobody has accessed your data through our side.

IhitStorm KatDisgusting Hackers

Protect yourself by not sharing your details and/or using save password on public computers that others can access. It's pretty much always players fault when someone gets "hacked" as nobody has accessed your data through our side.

You see this on mmo's all the time. 999 times out a 100 it is a shared account or someone being silly and giving out their log ins. I've never been "hacked" (which is the wrong term) and i wouldn't say i'm that strict on my laptops safety.
Ihit,
I understand individuals need to protect passwords & logins and we remind each other, often, to stay safe.
My point is How can Clans protect themselves? We need more options. The "all or nothing" access is a flaw that should be addressed as soon as possible.
Storm KatIhit,
I understand individuals need to protect passwords & logins and we remind each other, often, to stay safe.
My point is How can Clans protect themselves? We need more options. The "all or nothing" access is a flaw that should be addressed as soon as possible.

Ask people stuff about specific game events u or one of ur friends remembers them. That can at least make sure the person wasn`t hacked or "hacked"
Clara Korn,
Happened so fast, noone was even online to say Hi to Alliesin when she was hacked. There was absolutely no way we could have prevented this (as far as I can tell).
Ihit,
Kat is trying to say that is isn't her fault that she got robbed as she can't control to who AllieSin gave her password etc. Or who hacked her... And it is true, no way of preventing it for clan...only individually.
Storm KatClara Korn,
Happened so fast, noone was even online to say Hi to Alliesin when she was hacked. There was absolutely no way we could have prevented this (as far as I can tell).

oh yeah it obviously dont work when she gets "hacked" after she joined the clan mb
Her actual EMAIL could have been hack (etc Gmail/Yahoo) no way it is her fault. It is not impossible to do those things, just very hard
Init,

Never really post things on pages but in this case init your wrong. About pretty much always someone's fault when getting hacked. People get hacked all the time every day in different ways. You don't have to just share your info to be hacked. I have had a few emails hacked before and no one knows those passwords due too the nature of those emails. If someone hacks your Facebook sees u play this game and often ( if you post things to your page about it or allow DE to post on your page on your behalf) it would be easy to screw all things up. In this day in age you should know nothing is safe anymore online.

Individual permissions per chest/safe and a 4 digit PIN for each? 100-500 item withdraw limit per day? or hour? Just like when we have to "wait" while items are being crafted...The only person who has full withdrawal freedom would be clan leader, who can give any amount of items, to any clan member if they wish to do so.
.... why would a random hacker try to steal stuff from a clans chest and sell it to the game for though -_- serves no purpose, no benefit,and in no way does it sound or seem amusing ..... just seems like a complete waste of time
Roanoa_Zoro,
It's called trolling, Zoro... people do this crap for amusement... It's sad but still happens.
Roanoa_Zoro,

The hacker is not random, it is a person that plays DE regularly and has a beef with AllieSin and AS. S/He read through every single clan thread and device a plan that hurt both of the a for mention the most. They then log onto their own account and see the amount of destruction they have caused and gloat about it. Like in RL, no one can completely eliminate crime because hackers will hack, trollers will troll, but administration can do something to minimize the damage which will give them less power. Will admin put forth the effort to minimize? Thats the question.
ThisNsihT,
... I was kind of thinking about that but didn't want to mention it... so sort of like in-game terrorism?
tl;dr: Use different passwords so one compromised service doesn't take-out your digital life.

and for those who like to read.......

I hope this message is not lost in this thread, it may be worth creating a security best practices thread.

The first, and most important thing, is to use unique passwords for different services. This means a different password for D.E., your email, your online banking, your favorite game forums, your power company, your retirement accounts, your medical insurance, ... Yes, it's a lot to keep track of so find a central, secure, and reliable place to keep them. Imho, paper is actually not that bad of an option because it's inaccessible electronically, just make an occasional copy for your fire-resistant safe.

The second, use fictitious and different "password secret questions". If you use real answers, they are not all that secret. For example, "What is the make of your first car?" - "Toyota" would be too easy to guess. Tracking your answers, however, becomes the challenge. See above regarding how to keep passwords.

Third, perhaps I'm paranoid, but I avoid authenticating with any centralized identity service, such as facebook, openid, Microsoft Passport (if it even still exists), google, ... This may be convenient, but I do not like the idea of a compromised/hacked facebook account having any impact beyond facebook.

Fourth, all the other stuff to keep your computer itself clean: keep it up-to-date, do not download crap willy-nilly, do not run everything with administrative privileges (affect of this varies greatly between os'es), do not go to seedy places, allow flash *only* from D.E. - EVERY other use of flash on the net is either malicious or advertising that burns 100% of a CPU core just to animate it's annoyance.

But I reiterate the first point: different passwords for different things, when they matter to you. And D.E. matters - it deserves its own password. Your email matters (due to email-based password resets) and deserves its own password. What you do from there is your own choice.
Ihit,
You know that it's not impossible to hack things, for all you know, her email address could have been hacked, see, that's the thing you don't know if her real email is hacked.

Actually now that I think of it, why don't you get a look at the IP Address at the time and see can see if it was or was not allie, personally, I think it wasn't but certainty is good.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.