Clan-item sydian from gysers

I'd like to propose that sydian obtained from gysers be "clan-item" while in islands. Sydian obtained from mobs would still not be clan-item. Thus, while in islands, this sydian would only be transferrable among clan members. Once the sydian is hauled to harbor, though, it would become non clan-item. When a person leaves the clan, their clan-item sydian in hideouts would be put into the respective hideouts of the clan leader (as opposed to clan chest which was a previous bug). Any clan-item sydian on their person would be moved to the clan leaders nearest hideout as well.

Previously, sydian gained and lost its clan-item status in a confusing way. The first sydian in your possession, in any storage location, would set whether your sydian was clan-item or not. Then any sydian obtained by you would take on that state.

I propose there be two different items called "sydian", similar to how there are two types of blue food: regular transferrable food and the non-transfer variant obtained from fist fights.

The first type of "sydian" would only exist in the islands, is what is obtained from gysers, and is "clan item".

The other type is obtained from maze, from wars, from mainland mining, and from island mobs. It is not "clan-item", and is used for gear upgrades.

When leaving the roaming archipelago instance, any "clan-item" variant in your possession would be converted to the non clan item version.
Comments
i think sydian have good rules now. imagine if u a bad clan leader. and wait for clan members collect sydian at and drop at hideout. and u kick from the clan. u can get that sydian whitout effort .. soo u want some like that? easy sydians?
you know how many time u spend on island to collect. that take lot of time. anyways rf make a post to sign then he have all sydians from you if u leave the clan. you know ihit take sydian from my tavern. and sydian what i have from war when i was the fallen member.
i think DE have too many inactive players whitout clan and have sydian at hideout..
that is a part of the game. the game involved in relationships. u can join and leave the game for diferent reasons. also u can oin and leave a clan for strategic
that is a part of the game. the game involved in relationships. u can join and leave the game for diferent reasons. also u can oin and leave a clan for strategic
also if u clanless like me... well.. i cant do transport. i have no ship.
also if u clanless like me... well.. i cant do transport. i have no ship.... and if u steal things u have bad reputation to join in other clan. i no steal things. if u have the time for play on island u can keep the sydian form gysers. i know u can take easy sydian. but i no do that i spend a lot of time on island. every time i collect i set a miner.. sometimes weack miner miner and other strong miners.
Trong's post recommends 2 different types of sydian. 1- Clan sydian from geysers that would be returned automatically to clan leader (but still in hideouts if was on islands) if the clan member leaves; or put in clan safe if was in the player's tavern when they leave. 2- Personal sydian, from wars, drops, caskets etc. that players keep and sell on AH as they wish. This is a great idea. There is probably a very large amount of sydian in hideouts that noone will ever collect, even though it should belong to the clan that person was in.

-Icelus-,
How many times did you collect sydian that Other People fought for but couldn't stay on waiting for 1 hour 40 minutes to collect? How many times did you pay for ship repairs? How many times did you even war? Point being, you signed the agreement, agreeing to the clan rules, then left without following the rules. Why shouldn't you have to turn over what you collected using Elitists Clan Name and Ships to protect you? Would you have collected ANY of that without being in the clan? Trong is asking for a programmed way to avoid any confusion over who's is what, and where sydian belongs so there is no doubts when you leave the clan.
i set mines too. u collect from that miners i set, and others collect too. and fight all i can. and wait all i can. sail every time i can. all u say, since long before you leave your clan (AS), also every time i sail for transport always ask in clan chat for help. and who help me ? 1 or 2 times. ? i remmember i do all trasport alone because nobody help. i lose sydian... i did my part in the clan. but looks like no enought efort, if i play to lvl up my reps i no help the clan that say. if y play and die im too weak. what u want? i fight against hf , 9th and other and help in fight.. I do not claim the Sydian what ihit took from my tavern. i still playing the game. no for reals or sydians.. i play because i like the game. all Sydian i used I get whit effort. I not take timely
Sydian should belong to the player. It is not a clan item. If the game is taking sydian from players leaving a clan, then it seems unfair since some of that is from war, maze, and chests. If the game wishes to change the rules, then it should be from that point forward (as they do with many things). Sydian can be gotten from many places, so this poses a real issue of identifying what is what. Maybe instead of having to have to "sign" things people should want to help make their clan better. This includes not hording sydian that is the "clans" for themself or the select few. If it is "clan" sydian, then everyone should have access to it.

We dont sign anything.
Kat's summary was slightly off from my meaning, but sounds even simpler. Just two types, based on source. No automatic conversion between types. The clan-item ones are always clan-item. The non-clan-item always non-clan-item. When on land, both types in your possession would count for gear upgrades, perhaps clan-item ones consumed first.

And certainly, if actually implemented, all existing sydian would be non-clan-item since the source was not known. Or at most, sydian in hideouts would be set to "clan-item", and if the person was not clanned it would go to the last clan they were part of. If you want to get extra complicated, it'd go to the clan they spent the most time in during their last few months of active game play, so a clan hop at the end wouldn't send stuff the wrong way. But this is all messy and unnecessary. Just really looking for a clean way to distinguish moving forward.

And if you want to go a step further, there could be a clan configurable option checkbox for "Clan-Item Sydian From Gysers". Let the clan decide their policy. Anyway, we're already very short on clan configuration options so I'd never expect this.

But we are allowed to discuss ideas here, even if they might never see the light of day.

penguins for all ">
Kittens , and Penguins ">, and Crabs "> Oh My! ">

The reason people needed to sign a news post: "ATTENTION! By default, Sydian is considered to be property of the player who mined it. If your Clan wishes to make the Sydian Clan property, then we recommend that you create a special topic in your Clan Forum (Clan/News on game portal) entitled "Rules of Sydian Extraction and Distribution" and describe your desired rules. All Clan members must then agree with the rules in the comments to the topic (we also advise the Clan Leader to take a screencap of the topic and the comments). Only then will our Guardians be able to review any conflicts of interests that revolve around Sydian."
dragoneternity.com/clans_about/sidian/
Unfortunately, people can edit the posts and remove the 'agree' statement right before they leave clan unexpectedly (right Icelus?). This leaves 0 chance the leader/council can get a screencap.

Amherst,
If sydian belongs only to the player, shouldn't it be illegal to put it in clan chest for free?
dragoneternity.com/about/law_clans/
• It is forbidden to transfer Clan Items/Gold/Reals from the Clan Chest to other players without receiving a proper compensation. This will be carefully observed by Game Administration. If a violation of this rule is discovered, punishment will apply not only to parties of the illegal transaction but also to the Head of the Clan who allowed it.

Having been warned to watch what the clan mates do in clan chest, I would feel much better (on behalf of all clan leaders), if Sydian was better programmed to prevent any possible trade violations.
Icelus,
Everytime I tried to help you, you didn't listen and did your own thing. Always claiming you crashed and missed the messages. Please keep in mind that your connection is terrible and almost everytime you asked for help, I (or someone else) replied and you took off alone anyway. The only times you ever helped me in fights, you'd crash and we'd lose. I tried to help you, teach you, and include you in our adventures, but hun your connection was always the excuse I heard from you when you ignored requests. I do wish you luck in your adventures and hope you struggle through and find your way.

This post is about changing it so there is no grey area and no extra burden on clan leaders to sort everything out by themselves.
The clan crown is heavy, any leader will tell you that, and many leaders have failed (including myself) because of it.
well how i say im not affraid about sydian i lose. but i agreed , i sign for elitist. no for the fallen. i win sydian when i was member in the fallen. what about that. that sydian go to elitits. or that sydian go to the fallen chest? and my point about sydian on island, u can play a lot on island, for x reason u can stop play. and u know sometimes elitist kick player for inactivity. then what about that? i can work 1 year whitout transport u kick me then all for you. after that i back to play. u give me back that sydian? i think if u have time to play on island its your. u work for that..
imgaine if rf leave elitist or dragon warrior.. they drop all sydian in chest? i can give you more examples. its part of the game.
-Icelus-,
if the programming was changed - sydian from fallen would have gone to fallen before you joined elitists. sydian you gained from wars/mobs/maze etc, would have stayed yours. sydian from elitists when you left would have gone to elitists. sydian you gained from wars/mobs/maze etc, would have stayed yours. I don't see a downside here.
i no have more to say. i already showed my point of view.
Storm Kat,
I dont think you speak on behalf of a clan leaders.

Under that idea that sydian belongs to the clan, then should it not be shared by all? If you take it away from people leaving, should they not get paid for it? If you take from war, maze, and chests, then yes that is unfair unless you are going to pay them. Even islands cost money to mine and haul.

Amherst,
"I dont think you speak on behalf of a clan leaders. " -

"Under that idea that sydian belongs to the clan, then should it not be shared by all?" - By making 2 'types' of sydian there would be clanned and non-clanned. Clanned would only go back to clan leader if the member left (or was kicked for good reason).

"If you take it away from people leaving, should they not get paid for it? " - Currently, clans that I am aware of do not pay for sydian at all from any clan members. Clans that I am aware of do expect sydian from islands to be clanned goods, not to be sold on AH and should be returned to clan safe/chest before leaving clan. Perhaps Ninth has a different policy, I am not speaking on all behalf of all clans, just those that I have had this discussion with in the past.

"If you take from war, maze, and chests, then yes that is unfair unless you are going to pay them" - at no time was there anything on this post stating that clans would be able to take away from those sources. Actually the opposite if you read the request.

"Even islands cost money to mine and haul. " - and without clan ships and clan paying for ship upgrades/repairs, clan members would get No sydian from islands. Clan members upgrade because of the clan they are in. Right now, people can go out and pick up from islands without ever spending a penny on fights, while others spend gold all day fighting and rarely collect anything. Should those that collect more than they fight be allowed to keep it when they leave? ">

This also would solve the problem of those that quit the game with a bunch of sydian in hideouts that their clans helped them earn. I can't imagine how much 'unclaimed' sydian is in hideouts that will never be used because people have quit without having a chance to haul.
How about this. Leave it like it is. People collect sydian. If you pick to give it to the clan great. If not, then it is yours. You fought or did not fight for it. Either way, it is your choice. I dont want to be forced. I pick my path.
"without clan ships and clan paying for ship upgrades/repairs, clan members would get No sydian from islands. Clan members upgrade because of the clan they are in. Right now, people can go out and pick up from islands without ever spending a penny on fights, while others spend gold all day fighting and rarely collect anything. Should those that collect more than they fight be allowed to keep it when they leave?"

As far as i know, Elitists takes a monthly tax of EACH MEMBER!!!! This tax is meant explicitly intended for the repair of ships. When this tax is insufficient (or no more), it might make more sense for you to increase this, instead of setting Clannies under pressure or as in this case, to make publicly pilloried. If you think, you are better then other clannies, that you fight or do more for your clan or deserve more, then that is an clan-internal problem and should be clearified there!

"This also would solve the problem of those that quit the game with a bunch of sydian in hideouts that their clans helped them earn. I can't imagine how much 'unclaimed' sydian is in hideouts that will never be used because people have quit without having a chance to haul."

A solution for which problem? I don't see a problem. They simple left the game or show inactive.
And of course they have sidians in hideouts, but who says, that they don't return? Why remove the sidian from them they worked hard for too?
From greediness or pure egoism?!

Perhaps it would be a better alternative to buy sidians for reals!

AmherstHow about this. Leave it like it is. People collect sydian. If you pick to give it to the clan great. If not, then it is yours. You fought or did not fight for it. Either way, it is your choice. I dont want to be forced. I pick my path.

You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.