A few UI adjustments

Hi,
I wanted to start by saying you guys have done a very nice job in making a game with a very different feel from the standard facebook games. I too am just entering the field of game development, and I totally support my fellow indies.

Anyhow, from one dev to another, I thought I might offer a few small suggestions to help reduce some of the confusion I saw in the new player chat. Even in a text heavy game, when you start the tutorial the less text the better. People are very prone to skipping any text more than 3 lines long in tutorials.

First thing when the game starts, have the dragon point out the bouncing yellow circles are important and will guide the player if they ever get lost. Be sure it's on it's own pop up window and has an example of the bouncing yellow circle shown. This should help a lot with the "What am I suppose to do, where do I click?" questions. Sure, it's a bouncing yellow circle, but with a wide screen format image like that, it is easy to miss if you aren't looking for it.

The second small change I would make is moving the list of quest on the left to the upper right. This way they are next to the navigation quest hints, so the player only needs to look in one general area to see what the next move is, rather than two distant locations. Cheers, and good luck with things.
You need to log in or register before leaving a comment.